Click here for the 2017 Brochure
Women in the Word: A Workshop serves the church by helping women study Scripture in a way that is informed, reasoned, and reverent - strengthening both those who teach and those who study on their own. In large group sessions and interactive study groups, this annual event focuses on women helping women interpret, apply, and present the Bible to others. The 2017 Workshop will be our 12th!
October 13 and 14, 2017 in Willow Grove, PA
- Four Large Group Sessions
- Five Hours of Intensive Study Groups
Who Should Come?
- Women interested in strengthening their existing Bible study skills
- Women who are teaching the Bible
About Study Groups:
Study Groups do just that: study the Bible together! A Study Group, consisting of 6 participants and a leader, focuses on a specific book of the Bible. As they participate in guided discussions of that book, group members develop better skills for "rightly handling the word of truth." [2 Tim. 2:15]
Each woman brings her preparation and participation as an offering to the Lord and a gift to the others!
Choose from two Study Group Tracks
- The Teacher Track
- The Personal Study Track
The Teacher Track is for those who lead or teach a Bible study, or plan to do so. At home you study your assigned passage and develop a 5-minute lesson based on a central idea in the text. Specific steps to help you are in the Preparation Materials. At the Workshop, you present that very short, abridged lesson to your group. Your leader guides a discussion of its content as you explore the richness of the Biblical text together.
The Personal Study Track is for those who want to refine their existing Bible study skills and develop new ones. At home you study your assigned passage and identify a central idea in your text. Specific steps to help you are in the Preparation Materials. At the Workshop, you give a 5-minute explanation of your work to your group. Your leader guides a discussion of your central idea as you explore the richness of the Biblical text together.
Before the Workshop you will receive:
- Your Study Group placment
- Your assigned Scripture passage
- Workshop Preparation Materials
- Help from your Study Group leader
Your preparation before the Workshop is specific to your Study Group and is essential to its effectiveness.
At the Workshop you can look forward to:
- Exploring how genre affects our reading of Scripture
- Biblical exposition of John's letters by Dr. Karen Jobes
- Practice interpreting and applying the Bible
- Encouragement from Study Group leaders
- Fellowship with like-minded women
- Browsing the CLC book table